Saturday 7 June 2014

Vincent Kompany has hailed Belgium's World cup spirit


Manchester city and Belgium captain has hailed his country's spirit that they are ready for the World cup in Brazil,Belgium might seem like underdogs compared to the looks of Spain Brazil and others,but they have a talented squad full of great players.
The might just surprise the World and go further than expected.They have nine players from the Premier League for there possible starting eleven,including Chelsea star Eden Hazard and goalkeeper Courtois.
The best Belgium have done is reach the semi-finales in the 1986 World cup.

"There are many countries who can only dream of this kind of brotherhood," Kompany told The Guardian.It is that togetherness and idea of each others game, which has seved them catch the eye of the footballing landscape, that Kompany believes is the key to their current success."We all grew up together through the ranks and we are really good friends.
"I get on with anyone in my team and I am really happy when I play with them." Belgium's squad is made up of a diverse nature, with several players in that squad of African origin. Kompany is half Congolese, and countinued to the Guardian by speaking proudly of his African roots. “I am 100% Congolese and 100% Belgian,” he says. “I am very proud of it. I represent Belgium in football and I represent Congo in so many different ways whenever I can. I don’t ever feel like justifying it. I am really happy to be both.
Will see what Belgium can do in the world cup but Personally i think they will do great.

No comments:

Post a Comment