Tuesday 10 June 2014

Jose Mourinho almost accepted the offer to be England Manager


Jose Mourinho admitted that he almost took the offer England gave him in 2007 after Steven McClaren was sacked after failing to qualify for the World cup.
"I was almost, almost, almost England manager." the Portuguese said. "My wife was right. She told me not to take it." Mourinho added: "I cannot wait two years for a big competition. I cannot be spending two years playing against Kazakhstan and San Marino."In the end, my wife was saying, 'No football, no matches is not for you'." 

"It was not the job for me seven years ago, it's not the job for me now, and I don't think it will be the job for me in seven years' time," Mourinho said. "Maybe in 15 years from now, but not seven." We wonder things would have been different by now if the special one could have taken the offer.But the international teams are not as active as the clubs no wonder he did not take the job.(soccerheatbase)

No comments:

Post a Comment